Den Haag - The Technical Artist forms the bridge between programmers and artists, and make sure that the game looks beautiful and runs smoothly. They push the visual quality of the game, while maintaining stability and high framerates. They walk the fine line between creative vision and technical systems of the game, and are right at home when they work on art pipeline, rendering optimization and shaders. Outcomes
Role based competencies
- Create and implement great looking shaders that fit with the games visual style.
- Create tools and pipelines that streamline art production.
- Deliver technical animations for in-game characters and animated objects
- Create textures, special effects, and other supporting visual assets for the game
- Set up game objects that are easy to use and efficient.
- Optimize the game for mobile devices.
- Work closely together with programmers and artists to improve the quality and processes of art creation
- Capability to create visual effects in Unity, both artistically and technically
- Deep knowledge of real-time 3D rendering techniques
- Knowledge of node based shader editors and physically-based rendering
- Ability to optimize textures for performance and ease-of-use
- Experience with 3D art and animations
- Setting up the art (and technical) pipeline at the start of a project
- Organized, able to work in a file structure according to best practices
- Experience with repositories like SVN or GitHub
- 4+ years experience with shaders for games.
- 2+ years experience with Unity
- Read, write and speak excellent English.
- Able to work at our office in The Hague
- Able to work full-time
- Experience with 3D art: Modeling, Texturing, Animation
- Experience with programming 3D games in Unity or equivalent
Paladin has six core values that were looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We work in autonomous development teams of 5-10 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see http://www.paladinstudios.com
and http://www.paladinstudios.com/blog. About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game studio in The Hague, The Netherlands, founded in 2005. We are a team of 30 knights. We all grew up with games they have shaped us and given us magic moments that we remember still. We now strive to create games that enable those magic moments for others. We specialize in 3D games, are experts in Unity, and love projects that push our limits.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Momonga Pinball Adventures
- Alice in Wonderland Puzzle Golf Adventures
- Galaga Wars
We are working on several new exciting games for clients all over the world. How To Apply
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, fill in the form below. First come, first serve.
Link to your portfolio and CV. For more tips and tricks, check out our jobs page or just ask us!
Solliciteer via 3dhype
Tip: Als je een CV of showreel wil meesturen, stuur een linkje mee van bijvoorbeeld Dropbox mee.
Disclaimer: Dit bericht gaat direct naar het desbetreffende bedrijf. Je e-mail adres wordt nergens anders voor gebruikt. Als je vragen hebt over de sollicitatie, kun je het beste dit formulier opnieuw gebruiken, en deze richten aan het bedrijf.
BEKEKEN: 2182 DATUM: 22 JULI 2017