Den Haag - The Senior 3D artist creates beautiful 3D assets for our games. They work with the development team to translate 2D concept art into 3D models, ready for implementation in the game. Their 3D assets are up to par when it comes to performance, visual appeal, and visual communication. The 3D artist continuously applies clever solutions to get the most out of the technical challenges that come with 3D game development. Outcomes
Role based competencies
- Deliver 3D models that fit with the game and concept art
- Deliver animations for in-game characters and animated objects
- Find creative solutions for translating 2D art into living, breathing 3D models
- Implement 3D assets in Unity using our art pipeline
- Set up assets in a non-destructive way, ready for future iterations
- Create textures, special effects, and other supporting assets for the game
- Work with art colleagues to improve the quality and processes of art creation
- 3D modelling, unwrapping and texturing of a wide variety of 3D models
- Animations of characters and dynamic objects
- Capability to design and create dynamic special effects in Unity
- Knowledge of real-time 3D rendering techniques
- Knowledge of Maya and Unity (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of edge flow and deformation for skinned characters
- Knowledge of low-poly modeling techniques
- Good eye for depth, volume, proportions, color, silhouette and readability
- Able to create textures in a wide variety of styles and techniques
- Organized, able to work in a file structure according to best practices
- Experience with repositories like SVN or GitHub
- 4+ years experience with 3D modeling for games.
- 2+ years experience with Unity and Maya.
- Read, write and talk excellent English.
- Able to work at our office in The Hague
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Knowledge of baking normal map data from high poly source meshes
- Knowledge of physically based shading
- Knowledge of node based shader editors
Paladin has six core values that were looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We work in autonomous development teams of 5-10 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog. About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game studio in The Hague, The Netherlands, founded in 2005. We are a team of 30 knights. We all grew up with games they have shaped us and given us magic moments that we remember still. We now strive to create games that enable those magic moments for others. We specialize in 3D games, are experts in Unity, and love projects that push our limits.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Momonga Pinball Adventures
- Alice in Wonderland Puzzle Golf Adventures
- Galaga Wars
We are working on several new exciting games for clients all over the world. How To Apply
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please use the form below. First come, first serve.
In this form, link to your portfolio and CV.
Solliciteer via 3dhype
Tip: Als je een CV of showreel wil meesturen, stuur een linkje mee van bijvoorbeeld Dropbox mee.
Disclaimer: Dit bericht gaat direct naar het desbetreffende bedrijf. Je e-mail adres wordt nergens anders voor gebruikt. Als je vragen hebt over de sollicitatie, kun je het beste dit formulier opnieuw gebruiken, en deze richten aan het bedrijf.
BEKEKEN: 2309 DATUM: 28 MAART 2017