Den Haag - The 3D Animator creates animations in various styles, ready to be implemented. Together with the development and art team you give life to our characters and worlds. The 3D Animator is able to create believable animations up to par when it comes to performance and visual appeal. The 3D animator is passionate about clean tangents, tight curves, smooth movement and continuously looks for improvements in the workflow. Outcomes
Role based competencies
- Deliver strong emotive animations for human, creature and mechanical in-game characters.
- Create believable animations for objects taking weight and mass in account.
- Create facial animations for cartoon figures to realistic characters.
- Create gameplay animations like: combat, idle and moving ready to be implemented.
- Work with art colleagues to improve the quality and processes of art creation.
- Experience with animating different types of characters and dynamic objects.
- Feeling for weight, mass and timing to create believable animations.
- Good eye for depth, volume, proportions, silhouette and readability.
- Knowledgeable about rigging.
- Knowledgeable about real-time 3D rendering best practices.
- An understanding of different animation techniques.
- Organized, able to work in a file structure according to best practices.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artist and programmers.
- Experience with repositories like SVN or GitHub.
- Knowledge of Maya and Unity.
- Knowledge of edge flow and deformation for skinned characters.
- Knowledge of low-poly modeling techniques.
- 2+ years experience with animations for games.
- Read, write and talk excellent English.
- Able to work at our office in The Hague.
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week.
Paladin has six core values that were looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We work in autonomous development teams of 5-10 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog. About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game studio in The Hague, The Netherlands, founded in 2005. We are a team of 30 knights. We all grew up with games they have shaped us and given us magic moments that we remember still. We now strive to create games that enable those magic moments for others. We specialize in 3D games, are experts in Unity, and love projects that push our limits.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Momonga Pinball Adventures
- Alice in Wonderland Puzzle Golf Adventures
- Galaga Wars
We are working on several new exciting games for clients all over the world. How To Apply
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, use the form below. First come, first serve.
In this form, link to your portfolio and CV.
Meer over Paladin Studios
BEKEKEN: 2514 DATUM: 28 MAART 2017