Den Haag - Do you believe in the power of 3D and do you also want to see everything online in interactive 3D instead of those plain old images? Are you a stickler for details and do you like to work with perfect models with incredible shapes and the right curves in all the right places? Are you ready to lead and train a team of modelers to deliver amazing quality models? Well then this might be the best job since sliced bread... Really!
At Binkies we are enthusiastically working to make our mark in the world of real-time online 3D content. Our worldwide clients are relying on us to deliver incredibly accurate and realistic 3D content to their millions of customers. As part of our content team, we are looking for a specialist who can help us create and safeguard the quality of our true-to-life 3D content. Here is what we need you to do
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the content in our extensive 3D product catalog while working with our team of modelers to add more products every day.
With your fantastic eye for detail, you will review, and if necessary, provide feedback on the submitted models of both our internal and external 3D modelers. Occasionally you’ll have to chance hone your technical skills and create a perfect 3D replica of a product from scratch: sourcing reference, modeling the product, setting up the materials and publishing it to our platform. Especially when we are working on – and we’ll trust on your discretion with confidential pre-release info – exciting new product launches from companies like Samsung, Apple, HTC and Sony...
We are constantly improving our processes, and we will need you to help create and maintain the guidelines and best practices for product digitization. You will provide us with valuable input to help improve tools and work processes. Lastly, we will also rely on you to train and coach other modelers to make our content even better!
You will create and safeguard the quality of the 3D content we deliver worldwide to over 25.000.000+ visitors every single month! Requirements
What you bring to the table
- Good feeling for shapes (you easily notice and are annoyed when things are crooked, asymmetrical, curved too strong/too little)
- Great at the "find the differences"-challenge between 2 images in terms of object proportions, curves, angles, etc.
- The opposite of color-blind: you don’t just see pink or red, but you can easily distinguish 50 shades of pink, or red, or purple… Well, you get the drift.
- Great affinity for materials and how they respond to light (e.g. metals versus plastics and glass)
- Great insight for the (de)construction of products. You do not just see "a phone", you see all the components it is made out of like e.g. frame, camera, buttons, glass plate, etc.
- Proficient in (low-)poly 3d modeling in 3ds Max or comparable tools
- Knowledge of UV-unwrapping, UV-channels and texture mapping for render engines
- Proficient in creating vector graphics, normal maps, etc. in Photoshop or comparable tools
- Good command of the English language (spoken and especially written)
- Structured and organized way of working, for yourself, and with others.
What we bring to the table
- Experience in a startup
- Experience with SaaS/technology products
- Experience with dealing with outsourcing/external suppliers
- Experience with leading a (small) team
- Copywriting skills
- Good command of a secondary language (not Dutch) e.g.: German, Russian or Hindi
A comfortable and fun working environment:
Up for the challenge?
- Unique chance to be part of a high-growth, successful scale-up
- You can have a real impact on our business
- Freedom to create your own career path! Plenty of opportunities to grow.
- Great salary
- Travel expenses
- 25 paid holiday days
- Free lunch (there is such a thing) and tasty snacks
- Good coffee! Alternative drinks also available.
- Spec/choose your own workstation or laptop
- Spotify Premium with your choice of headphones
- Free massages!
- Brand new fantastic office with plenty of room to grow
- International team of like-minded colleagues
If you think you got what it takes, and you are up for the challenge, take the first step and apply! If we're interested, we'll reach out and take you through our recruitment process! Apply for this Job
BEKEKEN: 3363 DATUM: 30 AUGUSTUS 2018